The answer in many cases is quite simple. With cross-platform mobile development applications such as Xamarin, we have available two different approaches based on the complexity of the application and its goals:
- First Approach: A single project written in C# that will be deployed as Native iOS, Android, Windows and Mac applications using Xamarin.Forms
- Second Approach: A shared backend with unique user interfaces using Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Mac
The result of either of the above options is truly native applications for each platform with:
- Native User Interfaces
- Native API Access
- Native Performance
- C# code used exclusively
- Ability to use existing Objective-C and Java code, frameworks, and custom controls based on automatic binding generator
Xamarin also make it easy to perform automated testing simulating thousands of devices in the cloud (Xamarin test cloud) and to have real-time reports of problems as they occur in applications running on end users’ devices.
Xamarin is the new standard for enterprise mobile development. In short, Xamarin is:
- A cross-platform mobile application development environment that uses .NET/C# to develop iOS, Android and Windows Phone apps
- Used by over one million developers to speed up the creation of diverse consumer and enterprise apps
- Reports far fewer platform-specific bugs, as a shared code base is used between platforms
- Able to support native user interfaces and provide the kind of user experience that iOS and Android users are used to
Our software engineers are assigned on a dedicated basis to insure a highly collaborative work relationship and provide absolute transparency. You communicate through voice, email, chat or video with all developers. In addition, all code is checked in to your repository, development work is uploaded to your development server and status issued daily. You are in complete control of the process and relationship. Let’s get started!